New Lawyer Fellowship
Our Family Law and Asset Preservation programs are growing and we anticipate hiring additional New Lawyer Fellows before the end of 2020. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Fellowships are designed to be full time, salaried positions for term of three years.
Working with us might be right for you if:
- You are excited to be involved in creating and developing new programs and educational materials to support them, and you aren’t afraid of the challenges that may come with that;
- You are comfortable not having all the answers, and not afraid to ask questions to figure them out;
- You want to build your legal career by learning modern ways to practice law while helping historically underserved populations;
- Meeting people and building relationships comes naturally, like a community organizer;
- You are highly organized and can multi-task to manage your caseload and community contacts;
- You’re warm and caring and want to help people through challenging situations;
- You’ll be eager to train and manage a team of volunteers and law clerks once you’re up to speed;
- You have at least some of the patience of a social worker or kindergarten teacher;
- You know how to use tools, resources, and your experience to create high-quality work product.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript, three references, and a short writing sample in a single PDF with the subject line “Fellowship Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full time fellowships start at $45,000 per year with annual cost of living increases and health insurance.