Need to enforce your Parenting Plan?

If your child's other parent is not following your parenting plan, you may need to file a motion with the court to enforce your rights. A parenting plan is a court order, and a parent who doesn't follow it can be held accountable by a judge. 

Our lawyers can help you understand how (and when) to file a motion to enforce your parenting plan in Oregon, and we can prepare and file the necessary documents on your behalf. The easiest way to get started is to schedule a free 15-minute consultation, or scroll down to learn more. We work on an affordable, flat fee basis to meet your legal and financial needs.

Co-Parenting Is Not Always Easy

Continuing to co-parent with someone after your relationship ends is often hard. Sometimes, parents will have to go to court to work out how to co-parent children. If you already have a parenting plan in place but your child's other parent is not following it, then you may need to ask the Court to enforce your rights under the plan.

Some of the situations when you may need to seek an enforcement order include:

  • You are being denied your scheduled parenting time.
  • Your child's other parent is consistently late (or early) for pick-up or drop-off.
  • Your child's other parent is taking the child to unapproved places without your permission (including unapproved travel).
  • Your child's other parent is causing your child to miss school or other activities like sports, art & music lessons, or tutoring.
  • You are not being allowed to communicate with your child.
  • Your child's other parent is saying inappropriate things to your child about you or others.
  • Your child's other parent is making major decisions without communicating with you or without your approval.
  • Other violations of the specific terms of your court-approved parenting plan.

Advice From a Lawyer, Starting at $100*

The Commons Law Center serves Oregonians who make up to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level ($103,000 for a family of four) and who meet other qualifications. If you qualify, you can get a 1-hour consultation with one of our attorneys starting at just $100.*  

In that consultation, your lawyer will listen to your situation, answer your questions, and provide clear next steps for handling your legal issues. 

* Our services are offered on a sliding-scale basis: the amount you pay will depend on your income level.

If you decide to work with us after your 1-hour consultation,
you may qualify for our . . .

Parenting Plan Enforcement Legal Services Package

Everything you need to prepare, file, and serve your legal motion with the court to enforce your parenting plan. 

Draft all necessary legal documents

  • Motion to Enforce a Parenting Plan
  • Declaration in Support of the Motion
  • Proposed Order to Show Cause
  • Notice of Limited Scope Representation
  • Affidavit of Service and/or Acceptance of Service

File and Serve The Legal Papers

Once you have approved the language in the documents, we will file them with the court and arrange to have them served* on your child's other parent. This will include a letter explaining the extent of our representation and your desired outcome.

* Court filing and service of process can cost additional money. We will help you determine if you qualify for a filing fee waiver and help you obtain one if possible.

Coaching and Next Steps 

We will help you understand what comes next and help you prepare to represent yourself in court. If your motion is to enforce parenting time, courts are required to schedule a hearing within 45 days. However the court may require that you and your child's other parent attend mediation before seeing a judge. We will prepare you for your hearing and/or mediation and make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities with the court.

While this package does not include having our attorneys represent you in court, we may be able to do so if you need additional help (and our schedule allows). You can discuss the specifics when you meet with your lawyer.

Pricing for this package starts at just $549, the final rate you'll pay is set based on your income level.

Court filing and service of process can cost additional money. We will help you determine if you qualify for a filing fee waiver and help you obtain one if possible. Upon request, we may also be able to represent you at your hearing or mediation for an additional fee.

The Process Starts with your free 15-minute Consultation. Click below to request yours today,
or you can call or text us at 503-850-0811.

Co-parenting with Minor Children?

Discover the FIVE THINGS you need to know about Custody, Parenting Time, and Child Support in Oregon

Co-parenting after a relationship ends is often hard, and sometimes parents have to go to court to work out how to resolve issues moving forward. 

If you're thinking about starting a legal case — or if you're already in one you should know about the legal rules and standards the court uses. Our CommonSense Legal Guide covers the five things you need to know about custody, parenting time, and child support in Oregon.

Whether you're planning to go it alone or get a lawyer on your side, you'll want to download our FREE CommonSense Legal Guide to Custody, Parenting Time, and Child Support in Oregon.

Please note that we will send emails regarding family law services to the email address you provide. If you are worried that your spouse or another party may access those messages, or that receiving them would jeopardize your safety, please call or text us at 503-850-0811 for other ways to get your free legal guide.

What People Say About Working with The Commons

"Extremely friendly and professional service who genuinely cared that I had all of my legal issues and questions taken care of and answered. Highly recommend." 
 - Joshua R., Clackamas

"Amanda at The Commons Law Center was an amazing partner in our legal matter. She was always very responsive, timely, friendly, and took all the time needed to explain things and make sure we were happy with the outcomes."
- Kyle L., Portland

"Amanda called me on time and gave me the best advice. (She really listened and was friendly as well.) I very much appreciate the help and now know what I have to do next. So refreshing!"
- Karen S., Gresham

Interested in Getting More Info?

Call or Text us at 503-850-0811 or use the button below to get started with a free 15-minute consultation.