Amanda Caffall, J.D.
Raised in a small timber town nearby, she grew to love nature and commuting by bicycle in the city. Amanda leads program and partnership development and is a part-time attorney. Hobbies include urbanism, nephews, growing plants, and seeing friends.
Michaela Gore, J.D.
A born and raised Portlander, Michaela always wanted a job that would let her give back to her community. Michaela graduated Magna Cum Laude from Lewis & Clark Law School in 2018. During her time in law school she was a member of the Environmental Law Review, a Student Bar Association Representative to the Curriculum Committee, and a Dean's Scholarship recipient. Michaela also volunteers at a youth prison, advocates for criminal justice reform, and continues to learn how to be a better ally to marginalized communities. In her spare time she enjoys listening to audiobooks, going to hot yoga, and crocheting.
Kimberly Pray, J.D., LL.M.
As board president, Kimberly has nearly two decades' experience in nonprofit leadership and organizational development. As one of the founding partners of Catalyst Law, LLC, a women-owned B-Corporation and initial investor in the Commons, she counsels change-makers how to leverage impact for their families, businesses, and communities in the areas of taxation, estate planning, and business law.
John E. Grant, J.D.
John is a lawyer, an ops guy, a consultant, a team-builder, and a hacker, though not necessarily in that order. By day he is a legal operations strategist and law firm process consultant. He served as co-chair of the Oregon State Bar's Innovations Committee and is a member of the Board of Governors.
Susan T. Alterman, J.D.
Susan has more than 30 years' experience working on commercial finance, real estate, and creditors' rights matters, with a focus on commercial banking and real estate transactions. Education is her passion and she's served on the boards of Schoolhouse Supplies, Portland State University Foundation, and the leadership cabinet of Willamette University College of Law. She has also served as the Chairperson of the Oregon State Bar Client Security Fund.
Lewis Landerholm, J.D.
A decade in business management led Lewis to found his firm as a new lawyer in 2009. Recognizing too many people needed family law help, Lewis and his team launched a new project in 2014 to serve clients of lesser means, Affordable Family Law of Oregon. Lewis is a mentor to the kids sports teams he coaches and to his legal team.
Our advisory board is chaired by Kristen West McCall, parter at Pickett Dummigan McCall.
- Arlene Cogan, Philanthropic Leadership Consultant
- Susan Gary, University of Oregon
- Ward Greene, Williams Kastner
- Kate Kilberg, Catalyst Law, LLC
- Neil Kimmelfield, Lane Powell, Shareholder
- Penny H. Serrurier, Stoel Rives, Managing Partner
- Michele E. Wasson, Stoel Rives, Associate
- Harry Wilson, Markowitz Herbold, Shareholder
- Josh Barrett, Create Legal
- Susan B. Bock, Stoel Rives
- Brooks Cooper, Draneas & Huglin, P.C.
- Bryson Davis, Harrang Long Gary Rudnick, P.C.
- Laura Fishman, Laura Fishman Law
- Jim Geringer, Klarquist
- Leigh Gill, Immix Law Group
- Alex Gund, Swider Haver
- Michael Hallas, Stumptown Law
- Victoria Hines, Willamette Family Law
- Ryan Howard, Ryan Howard Law
- Lindsay Kearl, Legacy Preservation Law
- Kate Kilberg, Catalyst Law
- Lewis Landerholm, Landerholm Law
- Jack Lundeen, Retired
- Bill Manne, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn
- Fallon Niedrist, The Standard Insurance Company
- Kimberly Pray, Catalyst Law
- Susan Lee Schwartz, Sharon Lee Schwartz LLC
- Terry Wright, Willamette University